When it comes to reverse aging, we all want a piece of the pie. Non-invasive procedures have exploded in recent years as people are looking for more practical ways of maintaining that youthful glow.
I for one have become skin obsessed and always looking for ways to reverse aging.
Reverse Aging Routine
Skincare is such an important subject not only for me, but my readers as well. I continue to explore new ways that I will always post about as maintaining your skin, like weightloss, is not a 1 magic pill type formula.
Like everything, consistency is key. Establishing a skincare routine is important.
To reverse aging, an anti-aging serum is vital to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. FRESCELL 3-in-1 Advanced Anti-Aging Serum moisturizes, rejuvenates and gives a youthful glow.
It has 3 benefits proven to reduce wrinkles and slow aging with 3 major peptide technologies:
- Decreases wrinkle depth up to a 68% with the Matrixyl® – palmitoyl pentapeptide-4).
- Smoothes forehead lines and crow’s feet with the Matrixyl® Synthe-6™ acting as “wrinkle filler” to further smooth wrinkles by naturally rebuilding the skin inside.
- Fades expression lines with the Argireline® (acetyl hexapeptide-8 formerly known as acetyl hexapeptide-3).
Using this organic product twice a day by gently rubbing it onto the face until absorbed will greatly help reverse the signs of aging.
Yes, you read right. Exercise is not just for the body but for the face as well. Style Craze posted a series of 5 exercises to perform for 20 minutes, 6 days a week, to help reverse aging:
- Work the skin’s upper, middle and lower layers
- Lift sagging skin
- Tone underlying muscles
- Help reduce wrinkles
- Improve blood circulation
- Enable better nourishment to the skin
- Improve glow
- Stimulate collagen production
- Restore skin’s elasticity
- Tighten and smooth skin
- Release tension from your face
1. Get Cheeky
A cheeky face will tone the skin and muscles.
- Inhale deeply
- Blow your cheeks out and hold the air inside.
- Transfer the air from one cheek to the other.
- Hold for as long as possible before you expel the breath in a controlled manner.
- Repeat 8 or 10 times.
2. Act Surprised
This surprised face exercise will smooth your forehead.
- Raise your eyebrows in a surprised expression.
- Stretch them as high as you can.
- Open your mouth wide.
- Widen your eyebrows as much as possible.
- Repeat 10 times.
3. Pretend You’re a Giraffe
The giraffe face corrects sagging skin and double chin in the neck area.
- Look up and stretch your neck.
- Tilt your head back and try to push your tongue against the top of your mouth:
- Use your index fingers to pull the skin on the neck downwards.
- Hold the stretch for 25 seconds.
- Repeat the movement.
4. Put on a Frown
A frown face helps reduce crow’s feet, droopy eyelids and puffy eyes.
- Press your index fingers against the outer corners of your eyebrows.
- Place both your middle fingers against the inner corners:
- This makes a ‘V’ below both eyes.
- Apply pressure with the fingers and bring your eyebrows down, thereby making a frown.
- Take away your fingers and squint your eyes.
- Make your lips as if you are frowning.
- Hold for 2 seconds.
- Repeat 8 times.
- Relax with your eyes closed at the end.
5. Be a Clown
It’s your A clown face is a natural facelift that corrects sagging skin and laugh lines.
- Smile widely with your lips closed.
- Try wrinkling your nose.
- Stop smiling and pucker your lips.
- Pull your chin down with your fingers while your mouth stays closed.
- Repeat the smile and pucker up, holding each expression for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
Aromatherapy With Essential Oils
As we all know, essential oils are a good for a number of things. From de-stressing, to healing, to hair repair, and even to reverse aging.
This oil brightens up the skin again. It fights bacteria within the surface of your skin by removing dirt. Studies have shows that thanks to its richness in vitamin C, it helps reduce damage caused by daily oxidation and sun exposure.
Lemon oil also:
- Reduces excess oil
- Cleanses skin
- Fights acne
- Prevents early aging
- Gets rid of blackheads
- Can be used as facial toner
A natural anti-bacterial agent, grapefruit oil helps reduce harmful bacteria strains and relieves stress, which is a big aging factor. Inhaling grapefruit vapours helps reduce cortisol levels by transmitting messages to your brain.
This oil is also known for its skin tightening properties by helping reduces skin sagging. In addition, grapefruit oil:
- Improves hair and skin health
- Fights off acne
- Eliminates odours
- Boosts energy and mood
If you have scars, boils, stretch marks, and acne frankincense oil properties makes them fade away much faster. It promotes regeneration of healthy cells. Some of the other benefits of this oil are:
- Removing micro-wrinkles around cheeks and eyes
- Getting rid of sun spots
- Toning overall skin
- Tightening skin
A personal favourite, tea tree oil is a popular choice. It got anti-inflammatory properties, calming redness, itchiness, acne, eczema, acne scars and leaves your skin clear and smooth.
You can also use it to:
- Fights foot odour
- Sooth sores
- Reduce cold sores
- Treats yeast infection
- Treat acne prone skin
- Remove skin tags
- Sooth chicken pox
Prevent saggy skin, fade scars, heal cuts, stop itching, and reduce wrinkles use Geranium oil.
Dermatologists use it as part of anti-aging treatment. Anti-inflammatory properties enhance the skin minimize the appearance of wrinkles by reducing dry skin and tightening the skin. Use it with coconut oil and apply onto infected area 2 times a day.
Lavender oil heals irritated skin, acne, burns, scars, and cuts by detoxifying the skin. It relieves headaches and stress, and can double as a toner.
Diet For Your Skin
Revitalize your skin and reverse aging with intermittent fasting to stimulate autophagy. It’s an internal cleanup process that reduces inflammation throughout the body to clean and clear up cellular junk that leads to fat and wrinkles.
Reverse Aging With These Foods
But don’t stop there! There are some foods that also reverse aging all while helping improve your health.
Packed with omega 3 fatty acids, it helps prevent inflammation and stimulate the regeneration of aged cells, in addition to better brain and heart health.
Eggs are packed with sphingolipids which are known to have anti-cancer, cholesterol lowering and bacteriostatic action. They can help keep your skin firmer, smoother and more plump.
Dark chocolate is a rich source of polyphenols which boost metabolism and regulate life span that also work towards blocking free radical damage and reverse cellular aging.
Legumes are a rich source of saponins, boosting the immune system and stimulating the cell aging reversal process. Consuming legumes can control blood glucose levels, and reduce the risk of high cholesterol.
Sulforaphane, a compound found in cauliflower, acts as an antioxidant and blocks the free radicals attacking the body that cause damage.
Avocados, rich in omega 3 fatty acids and a source of vitamin E, they help protect the body tissue from damage caused from free radicals. They also reduce the visible signs of aging.
A great source of probiotic, sauerkraut help improve digestion and initiate the process of reversal of cellular aging. It can reduce the effects of free radical damage on your skin.
The Gist of it
To reverse aging, it’s not just 1 magic pill. It’s part of a lifestyle change that consists of anti-aging serums, facial exercises, aromatherapy, and a healthy diet packed with nutrient-rich foods.
What are your anti-aging tricks that you incorporate into your routine?